Monday, October 8, 2012

Dear Mohome,

I've known the pain of losing people and love, amongst other things. But I've never been afraid of losing places. Until now. It took me a while, two years actually, to love you the way I do now. You've become home, with your very own place in my heart that I can't compare with anything else I know. Someone who encouraged me to come to you said to me once that she hated you for the first year and a half, and then when she came to love you she didn't want to leave, ever. But time was running out too fast, and before she knew it four years were up and she had to pack her things and leave. That's how I feel. I'm scared that after you there won't be any magic left in the world.
There won't be any brunches by the lake, I won't be able to text people and ask them if they want to have dinner randomly, and in the real world you can't knock on people's doors at 4 am just because you want to talk. I'll probably even miss the bad Blanchard food.
I grew up with you. I realized that there's more to people than what they seem to be, that everyone has a riveting story, that we're so much smaller than we realize, that there is never anything to be ashamed of. I owe you more than I will ever be able to repay, and every cent of my tuition has been worth the cost. I'd gladly pay back the loans that I owe you, and then some. Heck, I even found the love of my life because I came to you.
I remember being uncertain about whether I'd even get the chance to experience you. The uncertainty killed me, I hated the world for its unfairness, but I know that I will forever love my mother for what she did, the sacrifices she made. I hope she thinks its been worth every rupee she's spent, everything she's gone through, and I hope I can repay what she did for me. If I hadn't known you, I wouldn't have been who I am today, right now at this moment. You have given me so much, it's unbelievable.
I felt like I lost my words when I came to you, but that's not what it was. Life turned into a poem when I came to you, I didn't feel the need to write because I was living in a picture. You are so beautiful. Every single day when I walk out of my dorm I look at the hundreds of colors around me, and I think about how nothing could rival your ethereal beauty. Before I saw you, I thought about how I might fall for you. I had no idea what I'd be in for. You've changed me, my life and my world. I love you.

Sanaa

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This was copy paste material. Status worthy material. Awesome material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so well. Every word seems so genuine and earnest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me cry sanaa , your writing is as beautiful as the person that you are .

    ReplyDelete